Thursday, September 18, 2014

Philippines Trip #3



I took a budget flight to Manila. As always, I was so tempted to order these Nissin Cup Noodles, its kind of strange as I dont even eat cup noodles at home these days, but I always think of ordering these when I'm flying.

It all started in 2011, when I was on a work attachment trip to Hong Kong for two weeks. At the end of the trip, I was flying back alone and I was craving for local food. I was sitting next to two other girls and they did not know each other either. However, all three of us were sitting at the same row and we happened to order the same flavour cup noodles that day, the Tom Yam Seafood. It tasted so good and so much like home to me at that point of time, it left a deep impression.

This is my third trip here, and it became a tradition for us to visit the nearby small eatery for sisig after we settled down at home (always after midnight). I'm always amazed as there's always people and public transport (bus, tricycle) at any hours of the day, even wee hours of a weekday night. Anyway, this place sell really good sisig and it's one of the first thing I wish to eat when I'm in ph. 
P visited his favourite bakery and as usual, ordered a 9inch chocolate cake to enjoy it during his visit home. He's the only person who I know who gets a whole cake for no special occasion but just to enjoy the taste of cake. I have a sweet tooth, but he wins me hands down anytime.
I wish we have these in the KFCs in SG. They have more variety of salad and stuff here, therefore KFC is place we have to visit when we're here. P enjoy his fill of free flow gravy and I always stock up on some of these brownies to bring home. 

No comments: