Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Shoes addiction

Two weeks back, we went to Queensway Shopping Centre to get some shoes.

As part of my marathon preparation, I decided that I need a new pair of Asics running shoes. Actually, I still have two pair of Asics that I'm using in gym and training but I just wanted something of a nicer design (girls being girls!). I know nothing about the practical function of those running shoes and the one and only thing I was looking out for was design and colour! And of course, the price as well.

After going up and down the shopping centre and looking through all the shoes in the shops, I finally settled on a Asics Gel-Fujiracer 2. The shop didnt put up any signage and I was pleasantly surprised when there was a discount. Sadly, a few days after my purchase, I went to school wearing my new running shoes and one of my colleagues D commented that its a pair of ugly shoes. (-_-) Its kind of abrupt in some ways as we are not on such close terms and its quite weird that he commented about my shoes negatively. I checked with K and he also said that when we were picking out the shoes, the design didnt impress him. (!!!) Anyway, after taking a good hard look at my shoes, I decided that I still love them no matter what they said. I took it for a run that evening and it was quite light and the cushioning was comfortable. Unfortunately, when I went home to pick up my running stuff last Friday I forgot to bring it along and didnt get to wear it for my first FM. :(

As I had been wearing Asics (and swearing by it), it's strange how I have the pair of Nike for all my races this year. It's no that much of a surprise as K is a super BIG fan of Nike. As a guy, the number of Nike shoes he has at home far exceed the total number of all my shoes put together. Can you imagine that? We bought a pair of Nike training shoes each earlier this year when he decided to start going to gym (that determination only lasted till June).

After I bought my new pair of Asics, he had his eyes on some Nike Kobe System 8 shoes and I paid them for him since he loved them so much and there was a discount in the store. Those shoes are pretty but its more for walking and light gym training, I was just trying on a pair to see how it looked. Even though they were nice, I was reluctant to get extra pairs of shoes and just leave them sitting around without much usage. But alas, I succumbed to the thoughts that its cute if we have matching Kobe 8 shoes and since he offered to pay for mine, I got my second pair of shoes.

I'm quite happy with those and had been wearing them quite a bit instead of my usual Converse after our purchase. Meanwhile, K is still on his crazy shoe mission and he had bought a few more pairs of Nike to add on to his foamposite collection (whatever they are) *roll eyes*.

No comments: