Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ahh.. its season of the fireworks again



As part of our National Day celebration, there's a series of fireworks being put (up/off) at Marina Bay area starting from tonight. Having nothing to do this weekend, I went to view the fireworks with my friends.

As I approached the area, I realised that LOTS!! of other Singaporeans had no entertainment for the weekend as well, and the whole esplanade area was really crowded. As my friend said, "half of Singapore was there". Therefore, if you'd missed it, you probably belonged to the other half.

Tonight's theme was "Italy", we had a good pool of Singaporean audience who provided 'wows' and 'ahhs' at the correct timing. There was applause when the display started and ended. And did this just make us more patriotic? I guess not. Its just a FOC and everyone's-going-so-you-better-join-in that kind of event.

As you could see from the snapshot, the whole display of fireworks were nicely framed by two coconut trees from my view. There were people in front, behind, left and right of me so there was no way I could get away from those trees. =.=

Nevertheless, the Singaporean in me decided to be back again on Tues to catch the Singapore-themed fireworks. Hopefully, no trees in front of me then. No inconsiderate people holding up their camera phones right in front of my face. Hopefully.

No comments: