Saturday, May 07, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven


Kingdom of Heaven Posted by Hello

Caught Kingdom of Heaven after our sumptuous meal, on the day it was screened! And, I must say that the main attraction of the movie is *drumroll please*... Orlando Bloom! Well, I don't think anyone would disagree with me unless he/she is the kind who simply loves historical war flick.

Other than a dramatic plot and handsome male lead, the movie depicted the very sensitive issues of religions (war between Christians and Muslims). As a non-history student, I don't really know whether it's a real protrayal of what happened in ancient Jerusalem. However, it's quite clear that after Osama pulled off his stunt 4 years ago, this movie is up for critics. A good thing is that the whole message at the end of the movie is quite clear: World peace! No more fighting! I find it quite ironic as humans were killed like ants in the movie, and the typical war scenes are oh-so-familiar after the LOTR trilogy. In my eyes, such historical war movies is quite cliche now and no matter how much money is thrown into making the film, it don't impress anyone anymore. Just give me a break, and move on to something else, please...

No comments: