Friday, December 06, 2019

Osaka Marathon 2019- Post Marathon @ Nikko Kansai Airport Hotel (5th December)

I cant believe I finally did a complete trip blog finally, all thanks to COVID-19 and I'm about to embark on on my Italy trip blog- 13th May 2020

This is an additional post to do a short hotel review about Nikko Kansai Airport Hotel. I actually stayed here in March 2019 after my Japan trip to Shikoku and I enjoyed my stay so much that I decided to stay over again after Arima Onsen trip. But I realised my room is much smaller now as compared to the previous time, probably I happened to get a complimentary room upgrade then. Nevertheless, this is still a good choice after a late night flight into Osaka or before a early morning flight out of the city.

My room was just facing the airport plaza this time round

The above photo was the only one I took in December 2019, and the remaining ones after this were taken in March.
I went to Rinku Premium Outlets in March 2019

The washroom was just average

Spectacular sunset when I stayed in March


Big comfortable sitting area

Look at this! The bed was so big and different then

My room was facing the sea then

The path to the hotel from Osaka train station

Very long queue to check in at Jetstar
There was a long queue to check in at the Jetstar flight when I was heading back home but I ensured that I had sufficient time to get some snacks and food before boarding as I was rushing around in March and had a very bad experience of missing breakfast and felt really sick on the flight home then. The flight home was comfortable enough as I was sitting at the very first row and we transited at a familiar Clark airport on the way back. P gave me some pesos to get food but there was not a minute we could wander around the airport as the aircraft was already ready to board after we cleared immigration etc. After I boarded, I realised the remaining people sitting at my row were representatives of SG for the Sea Games 2019 ongoing at Manila and Clark and the guy sitting next to me looked very familiar. After I alighted from the flight, he was ushered away immediately. I googled and realised he was Minister Desmond Lee, opps! He was really kind and nice during the flight though. 

No comments: