Sunday, October 13, 2019

Long Run Saturday

I was supposed to go for the CSC Run by the Bay HM this evening. I had been looking forward to do my first HM this year and had went through some trouble to get my bib. Due to some reasons, which I already cannot remember now, I missed all the other races like 2XU, NTUC Income Run and Sundown. As far as I could remember, I had been doing this run for the past years, though I'm not sure if I skipped any edition. I missed the race pack collection last week as I was too lazy to make a trip down last Saturday, and I did not realise that was the last day to collect. I dropped the organisers a message and managed to get my bib delivered through BluPort parcel delivery, with extra $15 charge.

I checked the eguide a few days ago and somehow I had the impression that the 21km was going to flag off at 6.30pm, I was telling myself I should leave the house at 5pm to catch the shuttle bus at Stadium MRT station. I was a running a little late and checked the CSC Run Facebook page as I was heading out, it was pouring earlier and I was wondering if there were wet weather plans. I saw an update that it mentioned the first event will flag off soon and I was surprised, I checked the website again and realised I remembered the time wrong, the HM was flagging off at 5.45pm and that was half an hour away. A few weeks ago I did the Batman Run with P and we were 10min late, everyone was gone and the start line was awfully quiet. I did not want to do it again, alone. I decided to go home and drop my bag and do my own long run around the area, the sky looked dark and it was windy and cool even though it was still an hour away from sunset. I skipped the LSD last week and the previous run two weeks ago ended at 16km, so I really pushed myself to go a bit more this week. It was tough but I really need the mileage for the Osaka Marathon coming up in less than 50 days. I'm still undertraining as usual but I'm just hoping I will not suffer as much as last year.


No comments: