Saturday, July 13, 2019

Glamping Season 3 in Japan Day 3 (15/6) Yufuin and Beppu

I woke up early and went to the ladies' outdoor onsen for a soak, it was still drizzling and T was soaking there so I decided to give her some privacy and headed for the indoor bath instead. I have to admit I'm cool soaking with strangers but its still weird to bump into someone I know in the nude. I had a quick bath and I was surprised P managed to wake up for a quick soak in the room before we headed out for a early breakfast. The breakfast was another huge spread and exquisite affair and we were so full after we were done.

Very nice plating

I think this was wagyu.. cant remember



Very special bamboo sauce

Steamed vegetables

The nice lobby area

Tried the footbath
Sanga Ryokan was really nice, its a pity our stay was really short so I didnt get to try out most of the other onsen. We only had time to walk a little around the nice little garden, before we went back to the room and get ready to leave the place. The ryokan had arranged for the shuttle to drop us off at the bus stop, and we were heading to Yufuin next. The bus stop was really crowded with many tourists and there's only an hourly bus to bring tourists out of this onsen town to the other areas of Kyushu. I booked the tickets online a month ago but I did not realise that I did not choose the correct date. That's the second time I had to fork out extra money for bus tickets this trip, and luckily for me, no more hiccups after that.

The bus to bring us to Yufuin
We actually rushed onto the bus (being kiasu Singaporeans) to chope seats but there wasnt a need to do that, more than enough seat despite the crowded bus stop. The bus also stopped for 10min at a rest stop for us to pick up some snacks. It was still raining and was really cold outside. Brrrr.... We wanted to stay at night at Yufuin but it was weekend and the price of hotel in this small town was really exorbitant. There were many nice reviews about the place so we thought we should still pay a visit there and stay at the next nearby town Beppu. We also chose Beppu as we will be heading out of Kyushu to Hiroshima the next day, and Beppu is a more convenient place to get to the Shinkasen station.

No comments: