Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Just a random post

P is a shoes/statues/game collector and he had bought several pairs of shoes for me over the past one or two years as he thought it's cute if we have similar couple shoes. Over the past months, he had cut down on his shoes collection to focus more on the statues and thus its been sometime since he bought me any shoes. Honestly, I rather he save the money on more practical things as I seldom wear these shoes but of course I have to be supportive of his hobbies (or try my best to appear so). Moreover, its kind of sweet that he want to have some couple wear stuff with me (we started with couple tee but had stopped getting those after years)

Last weekend, P suddenly messaged me and asked me to choose between two shoes and I knew he was going to 'surprise' me. The plus point of this new buy is that it is also a running kicks so I will probably wear them more often. He has the black version in the men's design and we're planning to wear these for our coming UK trip.

I've not bought any Adidas shoes for running but it did have some good reviews when it first launched last year, it look more like lifestyle shoes than running shoes so I'll go for a short run someday to test these out. Great colours and at first look I thought they were Nike flyknit but its actually similar technology renamed as primeknit. :P
Adidas Ultra Boost
The last time I've painted my nails was in March after the Nagoya marathon. I had chosen luminous green for my feet as it was the official colour of the marathon. Over the past few months, I was too lazy to go back for a manicure and pedicure. Today I finally dragged myself there as I wanted nicer nails for my first trip to Europe. I even picked up a pair of scissors from my workstation and trimmed my bangs. P suggested that I paint my nails purple so that it's matching colour with the shoes and that was what I did. 
Most elaborate nail art I had ever done and matching colour with my new kicks
I've seldom done any nail art and cant remember the last time I've done it as its quite costly here. There was a new girl at the salon and there was a promotion of $20/ ten fingernails to promote her skills and that's considered quite reasonable so I went ahead with it. Flowers are already passe and line/dots are in so I browse through some designs on my phone and showed it to her. I'm happy that it turned out so pretty and she even gave me some blings FOC! I intend to go back to her for more elaborate nail art before our pre-wedding photoshoot end of this year. More research to be done...

No comments: