Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hotel Review: JR Inn Asahikawa

When I saw the high score of this hotel on Agoda and its convenience being connected to the JR Station, it became a obvious choice of accommodation for us in Asahikawa. I have a very different impression of the hotel when reading the reviews, even though it has a high score, I thought it was the excellent review was mainly due to the relatively cheap room rates, but I was wrong. From the exterior to the rooms and facilities, I will gladly pay double the price to stay there. Fortunately for us, we had a additional night there due to our misadventure, and the hotel really saved us as they have available rooms.
Entrance to the lift lobby at the side of the mall

Simple but classy design
Even though I did not choose the cheapest room available, it is still the cheapest among all the hotels I've booked, the rooms being bigger than the one I've stayed at Sapporo, the onsen is bigger and so awesome. When I went to the onsen at Keihan, it was so crowded at night, but I only saw two other ladies at this hotel when I went in the morning and late night, I could really enjoy the bath and have my personal space/time.
The layout at the door area is similar to Keihan and other hotels in Japan

I loved that the toilet area is separated from the bathroom and wash basin 
The wash basin with amenities
The bathing area (the left side is similar to the onsen layout)
Our spacious 'work area' where we can sit and surf on our laptop
Our twin beds with yukata, we only used one bed for sleeping
This is facing the bed (we never use the tv during our trip)
Nice lounge area in front of reception
Overlooking the JR station
Look at all the snow outside
The pillow library
Despite the name 'inn' in its name, it is very much a hotel with good facilities, very impressive. Being connected to AEON mall and the JR station is also a big plus point. The hotel entrance is at the side of the mall nearer to the JR station, and the hotel lobby is on the 5th floor. The staff are so polite and will greet us unanimously whenever we walked past the area. There is a big lounge with free coffee just in front of the reception area, so the hotel is filled with aromatic smell of the coffee. There is also a pillow library where a selection of the pillows are available around the area, I chose a second pillow from the library for my second night there. The things in the hotel and hotel room looked really nice, clean and decoration was very modern. I like the feel of the wood/dark/brown theme around the hotel.

No comments: